The final details for all the week’s events has not yet been published but will include:
- Official Pride week launch party – Pool Party at CC Hideaway Dance to great DJ’s and swim, enjoy a lovely buffet plus see a stunning Cabaret show. Plus the Launch of DAW (Donate And Win) 2014 and crazy fun Bingo.
- Beach Volleyball tournament a competition for teams of 6 people, with all teams playing each other on a point’s basis, leading to a final knockout for the final. There are bar and food facilities available on the beach and the beach chairs will be arranged around the Volleyball court for easy viewing.
- Gay Day out Island trip to Raya Island A special for Phuket Pride week this Gay day cruise to Raya Island promises to be a day to remember.
- Sunset beach party at Iguana Beach Swim, dance, eat and party on a private beach and enjoy the beautiful Phuket sunset.
- Gala Dinner Evening A fantastic evening is planned for this Gala Dinner evening at a large hotel in Phuket (venue to be announced soon). The evening will include a luxury buffet dinner, shows and a Grand Charity Auction plus lots lots more.
- Grand Parade through the streets of Patong This parade will have many floats and street entertainment from gay and gay friendly venues and organisations from all over Phuket, with fantastic costumes and music.
- ‘Party in the Park’ at Loma Park on the beach The Stage itself will have entertainment from Live local bands, International Dj’s, shows and guest appearances from local performers. All around the park there will be booths and stalls offering food, drinks, Fun Games and sexual health information.
- Pride closing Tea Dance party in Soi Paradise Music from Kiss Bar, dancing and partying in the street in the daytime warmth and sunshine and a BBQ from Bistro Restaurant. Donate And Win Grand Draw will be held during the afternoon
The PHU will be announcing more events soon please keep visiting their web site: www.phuket-pride.org for up-to-date information and details and on their hugely popular face book site: Prideinphuket.
Many of the gay bars and venues will also be holding events during Pride week, many of which will be raising money for Charities, the details of these will also be shown on the web site.
Ian Philips the Chairman said “This only our 3rd year of organising Phuket Pride week and under the theme of this year’s Pride week ‘Celebrating who we are’ we hope that we will attract even more people than we did last year to not only have a fun week of celebrations but also help us to raise money for our charities. Over the past two years we raised over 500,000 Baht for Phuket LGBT & HIV charities and hope that this year with so many events and continued support from many of last year’s sponsors and some very exciting new ones we will achieve our target of raising 1million Baht”